POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Perl script for batch renders - render.zip : Re: Perl script for batch renders - render.zip Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perl script for batch renders - render.zip
From: Ken
Date: 3 Feb 2000 06:04:45
Message: <389960C3.2882381C@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Might be good, although I've never actually wanted to render more than one file
> at a time before.

I think Peter's main purpose for writing this is to render the example
scenes that came with the program. This would be useful for Patch
writers and the POV-Team so they can do comparison testing between
versions and so they can tell if there any adverse changes in image
output caused by bugs or intentional changes in a functions behavior.
It is possible that you might use it to batch render animations that
are not using the clock variable, just to see what all of the examples
look like, or perhaps to look at a bunch of your older scene files
that you deleted the images for because they were taking up too much
space on your hard drive.